Lendlease - Colbalt Place
Project - Colbalt Place
Sector - Residential
Architect - Lendlease
Technology - CLT, Concrete & Steel
Cobalt Place, is a development of 104 homes, featuring two 'Zero Carbon' townhouses, built to the Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH) Level 5, alongside a collection of one, two and three bedroom apartments with expertly-integrated eco measures for a seamless blend into modern London life.
Cobalt Place is built using 100% sustainably sourced timber certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). The result is a durable and stable product built with natural thermal insulation, high mechanical ventilation and eco-friendly heat and power resources across the entire scheme.
Advantages during construction:
- Pre-formed timber panels require five times less water than concrete frames
- CLT structures are factory produced which means that less high-risk work is required on-site
- Fewer deliveries need to be made to site, so traffic generation is minimisedThe lightweight frames are quieter to erect than concrete frames and produce far less dust, resulting in a cleaner, safer construction site
Long-term benefits for residents:
- Improved thermal and acoustic performance result in less neighbour noise and lower energy bills
- Indoor air quality of the homes is also vastly improved because zero Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are produced during construction
Resident's benefit from bespoke contemporary kitchens with composite stone work surfaces, smart designer bathrooms and en-suites with large format tiling and engineered timber flooring. With an eye on residents' future utility bills and CO2 emissions, Lendlease has incorporated energy efficient options into the design of the whole scheme. Thoughtful measures to reduce residents' electricity bills have been incorporated into each home, including: underfloor heating fuelled by a central combined heat and power plant; energy-efficient kitchen appliances; triple glazing; and Solar Photovoltaic Roof Panels to the townhouses.
Launched in January 2014, Cobalt Place was delivered on time and on budget, with all 102 apartments and two townhouses completed by June 2015. Prices at the development started from £390,000, competitively priced according to the local housing average given their proximity to the River Thames and location adjacent to Battersea Square. The majority of the owner occupiers at Cobalt Place, who accounted for 60% of sales, already lived in the local area.
< BACK TO ALL PROJECTS