Milbank Concrete Products based in Colchester, North Essex, is one of the UK's leading manufacturers of precast concrete products with a focus on exceptional customer service. Throughout the design, manufacturing, delivery and installation stages, Milbank offer one of the most comprehensive and professional service packages, providing a range of precast concrete products including: balconies, beam & block flooring, bespoke concrete products, ground beams, hollow core flooring, helical stairs, rail products, sea defence & flood solutions, stadia products and straight stairs & landings.
Following on from market research and the identification of the need for an affordable, cost-effective and efficient thermal floor arrangement, Milbank Concrete Products has recently launched their new and improved insulated concrete flooring solution, WarmFloor Pro.
WarmFloor Pro offers construction professionals a cost-effective alternative to quickly assembling a thermally insulated concrete ground floor over the industry-leading competitor brand, Jetfloor, by Forterra (Bison). Reduced initial construction costs and an increase in energy savings make WarmFloor Pro a compelling alternative to a standard beam and block floor. In combination with its certification and A+ Green Guide rating, WarmFloor Pro is proving to be a must-have addition to any new, eco-friendly development where keeping heating costs low is paramount.
WarmFloor Pro is suitable for almost any structure but is most commonly used in housing, from single dwellings to complete housing developments. It offers a simple, cost-effective, concrete insulated flooring solution to self-builders and construction professionals alike. Without the need for any special tools or skills, installation of WarmFloor Pro is efficient and streamlined whilst minimising waste and emission rates.
WarmFloor Pro works by combining rigid insulation modules (EPS panels) manufactured from lightweight closed-cell expanded polystyrene which is laid in-between prestressed concrete beams (either 155mm or 225mm deep) with an EPS top sheet, damp proof membrane and structural concrete topping. If required, underfloor heating can be incorporated with the pipework attaching to the EPS panels with plastic pegs before the concrete topping is applied.
WarmFloor Pro is comprised of 6 main EPS components that are available in two types of EPS; standard issue in white (0.038W/m²K) or an alternative high-performance platinum in grey (0.031W/m²K). The 6 components are made up of Top Sheets - available in depths of 75-150mm, Infill Panels - available in 533mm for nominal 600mm beam centres and 343mm for reduced beam centres, and End Panels - available in both 178mm and 300mm.
EPS end panels are used for both the start and end of the flooring installation. The end panels are inserted at the start of the row with the straight (1200mm edge) opposite to the beam. All units are 1200mm long and can be cut on site to the required length using basic tools such as a handsaw; (minimum 300mm long).
As every building is different, Milbank is well equipped to design your floor to achieve the specific targeted U-Values (reaching as low as 0.07W/m²K) together with the structural layout of the floor to suit. Milbank then manufacture the concrete components and supply the materials (including the EPS panels) directly to your site. WarmFloor Pro is currently available on a supply only or supply and installation basis using their vastly experienced installation teams.
WarmFloor Pro Benefits:
• Easy to install - does not require any specialist tools or skills.
• Quick to install - each EPS panel is the equivalent length of 5 standard concrete blocks.
• Cost effective - WarmFloor Pro is designed to save you money. Faster installation speeds combined with reduced waste and excavation removal allow for an increase in overall savings.
• Bespoke - a wide range of EPS panel depths and grades are available to satisfy your U-value or budget requirements.
• Sustainable - WarmFloor Pro is designed to last the lifetime of the building while maintaining its exceptional thermal performance.
• Clean, safe and easy to handle - lightweight EPS panels only weigh around 2Kg.
• Underfloor heating compatible - heating pipework is simply held in place using plastic pegs that push into the EPS panels.
• Proven Technology - now in use for over 10 years.
• Industry compliant - Milbank WarmFloor Pro is Fully certified and has an A+ green guide rating.
For more information on Milbank Concrete Products or to enquire about their extensive range of products including WarmFloor Pro Insulated Flooring, please visit their website or call them on 01787 223 931.